Two small detail shots in Pershore Abbey taken just inside the main doors at the West end of the building. In about 1840 the abbey was given a new baptismal font and the original Norman font was cast out into the churchyard. It was later used as a cattle trough, and later still used in a garden at nearby Kempsey. In 1912 a war memorial was erected on the site of the Victorian font and the old font was returned, on a pedestal designed by Harold Brakspear. The font is decorated with an interlacing arcade, in the panels of which are the figures of Christ and his Apostles.