St Mary's Church is in Ambleside, Cumbria. It was built in the 1850’s to a design by George Gilbert Scott in Gothic Revival style. The building is Grade II* listed. Notable features include its stone spire, which is a local landmark and an unusual feature in Lake District churches. The building is constructed of slate, the typical building stone of the locality, and sandstone which is used for dressings and the spire.