Beamish - The Living Museum Of The North - Part 2
Moving down through the station towards the signal box at Rowley Station, Beamish. This box was built in 1896 at Carr House East, near Consett. The inset picture features the assorted signalling equipment, basic furnishings for the signaller, and a lever frame, controlling the stations numerous points, interlocks and semaphore signals installed in the box. The frame is not an operational part of the railway, the points being hand operated using track side levers.
|exposure mode||program mode|