The Church of the Holy Trinity at Tattershall was completed in 1500 AD, having been endowed with Collegiate status by King Henry VI in 1439. This Charter/status allowed the then Church of St. Peter and St Paul to be demolished and this Collegiate Church to be built. Ten acres of land, with orchards and gardens, were given on which to build mansion-houses and buildings for the Master, the six Chaplains, the clerks, choristers, and the servants. The only items remaining from the original church are the base of the font and a brass to Hugh de Goudeby, 1411, which is in the chancel. Hugh de Goudeby was Steward to an earlier baron Cromwell.
|exposure mode||program mode|