The church of All Saints was founded in 920, during Anglo-Saxon times, and the churchyard has two 9th-century crosses. During restoration work, in the 1840s, many carved fragments of Anglo-Saxon stonework were found in and around the porch, as well as some ancient stone coffins. The present church was started in the 12th century in Norman style; however, only the west front and part of the nave survive from that time. The remainder of the church was built between 1220 and 1240. The spire was added in 1340 but, in 1840, was completely rebuilt as it had become dangerous. as part of the restoration by William Flockton.
|exposure mode||program mode|