HAY-ON-WYE WAR MEMORIAL
Often described as the town of books we visited Hay-on-Wye some years ago whilst on holiday in Central Wales and were overwhelmed by the sheer number of bookshops, for which, of course, it is famous. We came across the towns war memorial whilst walking round the town. The memorial was unveiled in 1920 in Castle Square and was dedicated to the men of Hay and Cusop (in Herefordshire) who had fallen in the Great War. The memorial at Hay was moved from the centre of Castle Square into a niche in the castle wall in 1950. The names of the fallen from World War II were added in 1947.
|exposure mode||full manual|