Along one side of the Schlossplatz in Stuttgart is the New Palace (German: "das Neue Schloss", which may also be translated as New Castle). The castle is built in late Baroque style and this is only a very small part of it. From 1746 to 1797 and from 1805 to 1807, it served as a residence of the kings of Württemberg. The palace stands adjacent to the Old Castle. The castle was almost completely destroyed by Allied bombing during the Second World War and was reconstructed between 1958 and 1964. During this time most of the inside of the castle was also restored and the building was used by the Baden-Württemberg State Parliament. Today it is used by the State Ministries of Finance and Education. Taken on colour slide in the 1970's and scanned.
|exposure mode||full manual|