The full title of the church in the midst of Elvaston Castle Country Park is St.Bartholemew’s, Elvaston cum Thulston cum Ambaston, presumably all nearby villages. The oldest part of the church, which dates from circa 1200, is the chancel, although it was restored and lengthened in 1905. The Perpendicular west tower is of medieval origin as is most of the remainder of the church. Sadly the church was closed while we were there but services are still held each Sunday morning and the celebrants are proud to acknowledge they still use the 1662 Book Of Common Prayer for worship.
|exposure mode||program mode|