Needless to say we all ended up at the Bottle and Glass Inn where we had a drink, finished off our Fish and Chips and enjoyed an impromptu celebration cake on the occasions of Chris’s (Tiffs) birthday. The Inn originally stood on Brierley Hill Road, Brockmore, backing onto the canal at the Stourbridge Flight of 16 locks. It was probably built shortly after the canal was cut. A map of 1822 shows the Bush public house but by the 1840’s it was known as the Bottle and Glass. The pub was built with two large rooms fronting the street. The back room was a later addition and the join between the two phases of construction can clearly be seen.
|exposure mode||program mode|