This is the main and Southern aspect of Felbrigg Hall which was built in the 17th century for Thomas Wyndham and his son William, descendants of the wealthy merchant who had purchased the estate in 1459. Thomas was responsible for the Jacobean south entrance front. Built of plaster-covered brick and flint with stone dressings, it was almost certainly the work of Robert Lyminge. The two bays and central porch are crowned with the words 'Gloria Deo in Excelsis', (Glory to God in the Highest) pierced through the stone parapet along the roof.
|exposure mode||program mode|