Today the original abbey church is represented by little more than a ground plan marked out in stone, and a section of the southern wall adjoined to the claustral buildings.
Cleeve Abbey was passed back to the Crown in 1950–51 to pay Death Duties on the Luttrell estate. Major restoration and archaeological work followed. In 1984, English Heritage took over responsibility for Cleeve Abbey, carrying out excavations and earthwork surveys and continues to care for it today.
|exposure mode||program mode|