The house there now was built by the 1st. and 5th. Earl Ferrers between 1700 and 1780. In 1940 the army used it for barracks before it became a prisoner of war camp firstly for Italian and the German prisoners. After the war it became a Cheshire Home and then a Sue Ryder Hospice before being sold to private owners. The church is now owned by the National Trust and as this picture shows it is currently undergoing much needed renovations.